Functions of Capacity Building Cell
- Coordinating all initiatives for putting in place a robust mechanism to tackle persistent indifference to the cause of vulnerable women.
- Activities relating to imparting gender specific knowledge/training to police, judicial and administrative officials with a view to inculcate gender sensitivity (Gender Sensitisation Programmes).
- Capacity Building Programmes for investigating/police judicial and administrative officers (Capacity Building Programmes).
- Organising/conducting workshops, conferences, seminars, legal awareness Programmes involving students, members of the legal fraternity, corporates, non-governmental organisations and various other stake-holders.
- Digital Literacy Programmes for college/University students to handle training programmes relating to home-stay tourism for women in North Eastern States in coordination with North East Cell.
- Competition on women related laws for college/University students with a view to generate awareness and inculcate gender sensitivity
- Interaction with State Commissions for Women and hand holding.