National Commission for Woman has been nominated as the Coordinating agency at the National level for dealing with issues pertaining NRI marriages vide Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs order dated 28th April 2008.
Based on the recommendation of the Parliamentary Committee on Empowerment of Woman (14th Lok Sabha) on the subject " Plight of Indian Woman deserted by NRI husbands " which was discussed and deliberated upon the Inter Ministerial Committee meeting held on 7th July, 2008.
- Success stories or Achievements of the Cell
- Functions of NRI CELL
- Whom to contact
- Addresses, contact details of Indian Missions - Embassies
- Networking with NGO's
- Important case laws
- Personal Interaction by Chairperson, NCW with NRI Complainants
- Dos and Donts (380.88 KB)
- Book NRI Marriages (199.44 KB)
- Abandoned Indian Women Trapped in NRI Marriages - The Way Out (26.57 MB)
- The Scheme for Legal And Financial Assistance to Indian Women Deserted by their Overseas Indian Spouses - The detailed information about the Scheme is available on the website of The Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs